NaNoWriMo

I'm taking the plunge and joining National Novel Writing Month this year. I chickened out last year, but there is no excuse this year!

My plotting and story mapping has begun. I'm really excited because I just finished at great course online with Writer's Digest University: 7 Stages of Story Mapping with an excellent instructor. We used the book THE WRITER'S COMPASS by Nancy Ellen Dodd. So, I feel really prepared to start a brand new story on a crazy idea that has been clanging around in my head. I'm also looking forward to taking a break from my current WIP to gain some much needed distance and perspective. 

The goal is 50,000 words in 30 days (about 1,600 to 1,700 words a day!) 

I'll track my progress and mood here to document my 1st ever NaNoWriMo. 

Best of luck to everyone participating.

Comments

Popular Posts