persistence

I love this quote:

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrecorded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

~ Calvin Coolidge

In an earlier post I said my mantra was, "You never know till you try". My new mantra is "Keep trying!" 

On genius- I am reminded of a friend of mine who always told me that we are not getting smarter- we are merely getting less dumb. 

On talent- I think of all the times my mom told me there is always someone better, smarter, more talented than me out there. 

On education- I think of how successful my dad is with a high school diploma.

On persistence and determination- I think of the values I want to instill in my own children. I want them to pursue their passions relentlessly. What better way to teach them, than show them! 

So, off to rework the current draft of my novel! 


Comments

Popular Posts