NaNoWriMo Day 14

I read an article on being productive just before I started today's writing and I decided to use one of the techniques mentioned. I set my phone timer for 30 minutes and refused to get up once during that time. I was interested to see how many words I could write during that time. It was about a thousand.

I put everyone on hold- even when the kids came in complaining about someone spitting and the other one throwing something, I told them to wait. I know I can't always do this, but 1,000 words in 30 minutes felt really good.

After sorting the kids out, I set the timer for 30 minutes again and was determined to break 1,000. I got to 920 and it was a natural stopping point and the kids were getting pretty loud, so I stopped a few minutes early.

Anyway, it was a productive writing day!

Daily duties:

1. The Friday deadline is approaching, what will Isa do?

2. Merge the two sub-plots of Maggie and Steve to add some more tension. 

DAILY WORD COUNT:
1.920

TOTAL WORD COUNT:
24,596

ONLY 25,404 MORE TO GO!

Comments

Popular Posts