NaNo Rule #14: Outlines Are Good/ Following Your Outline Is Bad

I'm more of a conceptual outliner, not a detailed outliner. Usually I know what I want to happen and where I want things to end up, but I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to make all those dots connect.

So, I write toward something and see what happens along the way. I don't think I can say I'm one of those people who says their characters took over and told their own story, but I definitely like to see what thoughts, ideas, and dialogue flow when I give it some space.

Basically, I've been hitting most of the marks I set before NaNo, but some of the ideas that have come over the last 14 days are definitely stronger and more real than the ones I'd planned.

DAILY WORD COUNT: 1,538
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 23,868

Comments

Popular Posts