Nano Rule #27: NaNo Zaps Your Brain

Seriously. I can't decide what to wear in the morning. I have to set two alerts on my phone for each activity and I even add the mundane simple things like "Make Dinner" as an activity. 

I don't even want to talk about dinner. It's so difficult to think of anything to cook. My brain is fried... 

I wonder why this is, because I haven't spent anymore time writing than I do during a non-NaNo month. I'm thinking it has to do with the first draft thing and the fact that I haven't taken any time-outs to rework plotting??? Maybe, just a guess. 

Whatever it is, NaNo is eating my brain. 

The quick fix I had for a recharge this afternoon was to break the rules, close my computer, and look at some Christmas catalogues a friend of a friend passed me. I made a few lists of cookies we'll make and some decorating ideas. That little bit of change in my routine seemed to recharge me creatively, now if I can only remember my schedule tomorrow...

DAILY WORD COUNT: 2.028
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 45,375

Comments

Popular Posts